3.22.2011

St. Patrick's Day Parade and Sunday Picnics

Last weekend, Shalom and I went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade here, in Baton Rouge, with Mandaree, Sarah, Erica, and Sara. It was so much fun! I've never been to one since we've lived here. I can't believe I've missed out on all the excitement the past few years. It's not as crazy as Mardi Gras - not as many people. We were in a nice neighborhood, and it was family friendly. I loved it! Shalom loved it! She had such a good time dancing to the music and getting all sorts of beads and stuffed animals.





The next day, on Sunday, we had a picnic in the evening on the other side of the levee. It was so awesome because we are usually pretty spontaneous when we try to get people to join us so I didn't expect so many people to come. It was a little crazy with five dogs and babies running around, but it was fun. Shalom decided to go straight towards the water. We didn't catch her in time so she ended up getting soaked. Luckily a couple had an extra diaper and pants because I didn't think to pack those things. She didn't have a dry top to put on so we pinned a towel around her. It was so much fun! I love picnics in the spring time.



(courtesy of Jane Huddleston)

)

1 comments:

Benji and Anne King said...

Finally an update! I can't believe how big Shalom is. She is a little girl now! I'm jealous of your good weather and hanging with friends. Hopefully we'll make it down there soon and get to see y'all again.