Eden Ema Billings

She has finally arrived! I feel like I've been waiting a long time for her to get here! Before we went to the hospital, my mom came in earlier that evening so we went out to eat. (I'm so glad I ate a lot because I wasn't able to eat until the next evening!) At first we weren't sure if we were going to be able to go to the hospital Thursday night at 10 p.m. (my scheduled inducement date) because of short staff and then the nurse called because the doctor that was on-call for my doctor wasn't sure about inducing me a week early since I had no complications. So, I told a little white lie and told them that my mom was only here a couple days. The nurse called me back and told me that they would still take me in and to just wait for a call. Of course I couldn't sleep from being so anxious about the call. They finally called a little after midnight. So off we went!
It looks like Mike is having a pretty tough time...waiting! Poor baby! ;)
They started me on Cytotec at 2 a.m. After laying down for 2 hours, they made me walk around for about an hour...not fun. Mike was nice enough to walk around with me though. About 8 or 9 a.m. they gave me the epidural. After a while I could only feel the epidural on my right side. I would try to lay on my left side say that the fluids from the epidural would go to my left, but I felt so much pressure on the left side of my belly from the baby pushing up against me. At one point I was in tears for a few minutes. I never actually felt any contractions just the pressure from the baby. About noon they started the Pitocin, and I was finally able to lay on my left side with a little help from the doctor and nurses. The nurse checked me every hour to see how far dilated I was. By 3 p.m. I went from 5 cm to 10 cm. I could feel her pushing wanting to come out. The doctor and nurses came in soon after and helped me push about four times. She arrived at 3:34 p.m. Friday afternoon weighing 6 lbs. and 0.6 oz. and 19 inches long. I felt like I was more awake and aware of everything this time than with Shalom. Everything felt calm and serene. She had the smallest little cry. We couldn't hardly believe she was finally here!
That evening, my mom and Shalom came to the hospital to see us, but Shalom and Mike left before Shalom being able to see Eden since she was in the nursery for a while. So, it was just my mom and I for a couple hours with the baby before they took her back to the nursery for the night (so I could get some sleep and rest!). The next morning, Mike, my mom, and Shalom came back to the hospital, and Shalom was so excited when she saw the baby. I was really worried about her, but this first week she has been so sweet to Eden!
I was am so happy my mom came to visit...for 9 days!! It's been so nice with her here! She's been so incredibly helpful with going to get and buy groceries, taking Shalom to the pool, cooking and cleaning, taking Roxy for walks, and more! She actually got me to go walking with her Sunday morning and Monday and Tuesday. I don't know if she wasn't here if I would've been so active so soon. A few days, we took Shalom to the park to get out of the house and play. I even went to the pool (sat under the shade) with them one time. I might be a little crazy, but I haven't been as tired as I thought I was going to be. My recovery hasn't been too bad. What am I going to do when my mom leaves?!
Eden's first time in the carseat! (side note: On the way home from the hospital, my mom had to make a stop at Target to get a waffle maker. There was no way of getting it out of her head.)


Benji and Anne King said...

I know this is super duper late, but Congrats! We hope we can meet miss Eden on a holiday trip to LA or something. Your family is adorable!

Billings said...

Thanks Anne! I hope to make it back to Louisiana some time in the summer!