7.08.2009

Waimea Bay

Waimea Bay has become one of my favorite beaches here. Right now, during this season the water is pretty calm and pretty clear. (I can't stand having to swim through seaweed.) It's fun to snorkel and of course jump off the cliff. Of course, no jumping off for me anymore. I jumped off a few weeks ago. I don't know what I was thinking since I am PREGNANT! (I guess it is official; now that it is out there.) It's not very exciting watching Mike jump off the cliff having all the fun. It's so much fun to snorkel though. This day, we found a sea turtle and tried to swim around with it. I was I had a waterproof camera. It was so neat!

I am 15 weeks pregnant here and finally getting around to taking a belly photo. I still can't believe that there is actually life growing inside of me!


This is Mike jumping off the cliff!


He decided to be a little daring and do backflip.

5 comments:

Jillums said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Congrats!! I can't believe you stayed quiet that long. How have you been feeling? 15 weeks is usually the beginning of the easiest part of pregnancy. I love that second trimester. So, when's the due date? Have you been going to a doctor there? You look great! When will you THREE get back to the mainland?

Jane Huddleston said...

Congrats Melanie! You've made it through the hardest part. I started feeling SOOOO much better after 13 weeks. Enjoy your tropical summer!

Mel said...

thank you! i've been feeling pretty good. of course just really tired. i've only thrown up once; the day i found out. can you believe i did the triathlon being 10 weeks pregnant. i really wanted to do the one with erin at the beginning of may, but i was just too tired. the due date is dec. 21st. i won't know the sex until i come back in august. the doc in br said that since i'm not too far along it's okay if i don't see a doc while i'm here.

Unknown said...

Melanie, I am so happy for you--pregnancy is so fun! It looks like you guys are having lots of adventures.