2.24.2009

Mardi Gras Weekend

This past weekend we went to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras where all the action is. It was our first time to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and it was our first time to celebrate Mardi Gras since we've been married. So, it was pretty fun for us. (We've only celebrated in Shreveport.) We stayed at Sarah's parents' house with 18 other people. We thought it would be pretty crazy with so many people in one house, but it ended up being very pleasant.

Friday night, we went to the parades by the church on St. Charles. I have never seen ladders used up in Shreveport for the parades. The ladders definitely help!

Sitting on Michael's shoulders was fun to get beads. I would be face-to-face with the people on the floats. Sarah got on Kip's shoulders, and she would take bags of beads right from the float. She's so sneaky!




Saturday, we woke up really early to get a good spot on Lee Circle. We were there all day from 8 am to 11 pm. I was so worn out! Sarah's mom had to sit in front of the food to guard it so no one would steal our food while we catch beads. While we were grilling some burgers, a guy comes wondering over to our area wanting some food. He said, "I'll give you a dollar for one of your burgers." We didn't have a whole lot of food to spare because we only got a certain amount for all 20 of us. Each person got a certain amount. This guy was so persistent, and I couldn't even understand him most of the time. Sarah had to translate most of the time. We kept telling him there was an Exxon down the street, but he kept saying something about them not taking his money. I don't he was weird. we finally gave in and gave him a burger. He had the nerve to ask for some pickles, and he didn't even give us the dollar. I started to chase after him demanding the dollar. This guys was nuts. He went to every group asking for some mayo and pickles. We were just glad he left us alone.



I had to get a shot of a bunch of ladders together. I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a little seat on top of the ladders.

I don't know why I thought it would be fun to go down Bourbon Street. It was pretty messed up. Won't be going down there again during Mardi Gras.

I had to get some beignets since we were near the French Quarter. It's sort of a rule I have. Every time I'm there I have to get Beignets. It was definitely we worth the walk. I thought Mike was going to be silly with me for the picture and put powdered sugar on lips too, but I'm the one that looks like a moron. Thanks babe.

0 comments: