10.31.2010

October Weekend in Shreveport

Two weekends ago, we went up to Shreveport to visit family and go to a friend's wedding. Friday, Shalom got to see her great grandfather at the corn maze and hang out there with the rest of the family. I was so glad that Mike was able to get off work and come up to hang out. I was glad we got to go to my friend, Becca's, rehearsal dinner because I didn't know hardly anyone.


The next morning, I got Scott and my friend, Sanda, from college (I haven't seen in a few years) to run the Autumn Breeze Run. I didn't know if I wanted to do the 5k or the 10k. I was just going to run whatever distance they wanted to run. They both just wanted to run the 5k. All the people doing the 10k started 10 minutes before the 5k people. Literally 30 seconds before the 10k people started we decided to run the 10k. It was crazy! I'm glad we did because I felt great afterwards. I made a pretty good personal time of 52:15. It was fun to run in it with both of them. It was also great to hang out with Sanda later. We were both saying to each other that it didn't even seem like it had been a few years - it seemed like it was just yesterday.



Later Saturday night was Becca's WEDDING! Her and all of the bridesmaids had fun getting ready together in the afternoon before the ceremony. She was such a beautiful bride. It was a very small, laid-back ceremony. The music got a little mixed up before she walked down the aisle. Heavy metal music was playing for a few seconds. Everyone started laughing. It was pretty funny. It was great to witness Becca and Paul declaring their love and devotion to each other in front of all of their close friends and family. I loved this table at the reception. Their initials together are P (Paul), B (Becca), and J (Johnson); so they made crafty jars of peanut butter and jelly to give away. I thought it was really cute. The reception was really nice too. It was perfect for Paul and Becca - laid-back yet elegant set deep in the country area at the Dixie Cotton Gin (just a few minutes away from the corn maze). (I wish I would've gotten a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress, but the durn thing kept falling down. I was tired of pulling it up every few minutes.)




I just love taking pictures of my little girl. She has such a fun smile!


After church on Sunday, we hung out with Amy and her kids at her house. It was fun to watch Brooke try to help Shalom and take care of her.




Mike and I later ate lunch with all of his family. It was so nice for them to be able to hang out with Shalom all weekend and have fun with her. Her Auntie Kayla is so sweet with her.


On the way home, we stopped by Big Daddy and Grandma's house to visit for a little while. Big Daddy was so happy to see Mimi (his name for Shalom). Shalom was so excited to see Big Daddy and their little kitty.


It was a great weekend, and time was time well spent being able to visit everyone (for the most part anyway).

1 comments:

Laura said...

She is getting so big and has such a little personality now. Hope to see you guys in a few weeks!