3.24.2009

Our First Big Purchase

Today, we bought a car!! It's our first big purchase and our first time to buy a car. We bought a 2006 Nissan Altima, and it happened to be my favorite color, red! I've been searching a long time for the right car for the right price. Most of the ones I've found were in Houston. I'm glad I happened to find this one here in Baton Rouge. Since Mike was in class all day, I had my mom come over here and get the car with me so I could have someone to be excited with when I got the car.

My car has been dying a lot on me lately. Every time I get into my car I get a little nervous not knowing if it's going to die or not. Along with my car overheating and dying, it also leaks power steering fluid and oil so I am constantly checking both at least once a week. The car also leaks water through the windshield when it rains because the windshield isn't sealed all the way. And, there is a crack in the windshield, so we've had to go to a shop in the ghetto to get an inspection sticker. I am surprised my car has lasted this long. My mom calls my car a bucket of bolts.

Last week, I went out shopping with Sarah and on the way back I felt my car starting to die (it's died so many times I know when it's about to go) so luckily we were right next to the off-ramp of an exit. We waited for a 1/2 hour to let the car cool down. Not even 2 miles the car dies again, but this time we were in the way of traffic so cars were honking their horns at me. I waited again for it to cool down, and of course it died again. Luckily, Mike and Kip were to the rescue. I thought we could get the car back home on our own, but we ended up needing their help.

The week before, my car died on Highland Road. It doesn't have a shoulder at all, and it's a pretty busy road especially around 4 p.m. This was frustrating because I was in the way of traffic again. Mike was to the rescue. Luckily, I was able to drive it into a drive way real fast before it died again, and he added my oil to the car. A couple days after this episode, I drove to school an hour away. My car died just as I was driving into the parking lot at home from school. I couldn't have been more grateful it died right then.

2 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Congratulations! It's such a relief, isn't it? I have a quick story. When I was pregnant with Ayden I was still working full time and I was obsessed with Sonic tater tots and vanilla Dr. Pepper. Within just a few days I broke down twice, both times at two different Sonic locations. At least I was parked and not in the middle of traffic. What a mess!

Jessica said...

Nice job TPing Stacy and Jim...but watch out b/c they can return a prank pretty good. :-)