6.17.2008

ByeDuke





We had to put Duke to sleep this morning. Today has been miserable. Mike took Duke to the vet to get checked b/c he was feeling so sick. The vet said that he had a really bad virus and probably wouldn't make it with medicine. Mike had to tell me this over the phone while I was at school. I wanted to see him one last time. I didn't get to say good-bye. I'm feeling so miserable. I'm already missing so many things about him. He would perk is head up on my side of the bed to sleep with us. He liked to prop his head up on my leg while he slept. He would look out the window watching us in desperation for us to come back. I'm gonna really miss him. (We love you Duke! You will always be in our hearts!)

5 comments:

Jane Huddleston said...

Oh Melanie!!!! I'm so sorry. I loved him, too... just from the pictures. I know this has to be terrible.... I'm making you cookies tonight.

Laura said...

OMG! I can't believe it. I'm so sorry guys. They really are like your babies. He is in a better place. Bandit and Lexxus will take care of him for you. We love you guys.

Julie said...

hey mel, im sorry about your pal. i hate that for you. but i love you and miss your stinkin guts!

Shelley said...

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about Duke! That is really sad, and to think we just saw him this weekend and he was fine. Hope you are doing well! Hang in there!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That's so sad. Poor little Duke. I was looking forward to our next park visit with the boys chasing him around. I'm so sorry.